Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Your Mom Is Asleep...Again

It must be hard work growing a baby bug. All your mom wants to do nowadays is sleep, eat, and watch Lost. In the future, Lost will be one of those TV shows like Cheers or MASH...at one point, everyone watched it, but no one in the next generation cares. Just know that, in it's time, Lost was a hit. And even though your mother and I are a little late to the party (and, to be honest, dad used to poke fun at people who watched it religiously), it does provide a very good distraction from your mom's morning sickness.

We went to the doctor today for the second time, and it was a momentous occasion to say the least. Today, your mom had her sonogram, and we were finally able to see you for the first time! We took home two little pictures (which your dad will try to attach to this post) and we got to hear your heart beat...it was amazing. It all happened so fast I barely had time to soak it in. Watching the lines on the machine, hearing the "whoosh whoosh" of your heart beating furiously inside your tiny, gummy bear-sized body...it was truly an eye-opening moment for your mom and I. I think that probably has something to do with why she's passed out on the couch right now...she was so excited earlier she couldn't contain herself. She probably wore herself out.

I've been thinking more and more about the lessons I want to teach you, the kind of person I hope you will turn out to be. I know you have to be a baby first, and then a kid, but I can't help but imagine all the spectacular possibilities. I know God has a great plan for you, just as He does for me. And my responsibility in the matter is to raise you to know Him, and that's what I will try and do. I might also teach you how to change a tire, flick a disc, and make a pot of spaghetti as well...but let's not get too sidetracked from what's important. And yes, I do intend to teach you those things even if you are a girl... it's all stuff that's good to know, you know?

Anyway, I think I'm going to wake up your mom and see if she wants to share a bowl of ice cream with me. I love you my sweet baby bug. I'm excited to share this world with you.

Just stop making your mom so sick, ok?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment