Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My little baby boy...or girl...or boy and girl?

We were supposed to have your first doctors appointment today, but as I'm sure you're mom already told you, we have been snowed in for days! We only get storms like these in Atlanta every ten years or so, and if that trend continues, you and I are going to have some serious fun sledding in about a decade! Of course, by then the Lord may have moved us elsewhere. You'll realize very soon that your daddy's deepest desire is to follow the Lord, no matter what that means or where that takes us. One thing it does mean...life is never boring!

I'm really excited that you will be joining us so soon! Your mom and I are excited to raise a big family (if the Lord blesses us so), and you are the first of hopefully many! I don't think it's really set in yet for me...maybe when we go to the doctor, or maybe when we get our first picture of you. Just so you know, your dad prayed for twins, and God is certainly capable of giving us not just one, but two baby bugs! We'll have to wait another couple of days to know that for sure, but just in case, I want you both to know that your mom and I love you very much. And if we are only having one bug, it's because God knows best...and He wanted us to have you first for a reason! Isn't that cool?

Well I have tons of things I want to say...stuff to teach you, lessons I want you to learn...why just the other day I was thinking about how important it will be to teach you how to listen. Your dad was such a poor listener in school that if a teacher was boring he would just let his mind wander. It was so bad, some of his teachers thought he was deaf! Your dad had to learn the hard way that listening is important, but I want you to learn that early and easily. Can you do that?

I'm certain you are going to be the smartest and cutest baby bug too... hopefully you'll master things like sleeping all night very quickly! But God blessed your mom and I with a healthy amountt of patience, so if it doesn't come right away, don't worry. We'll always be here for you.

Your mom was sweet enough to make me a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, so I'm going to sign off. But I can't wait to get to the doctor to check on your progress...and to find out if we are having two bugs! I'm actually making your mother eat the sandwich...all she wanted for dinner was ice cream! She'll enjoy a bowl later I'm sure, but I want to make sure she's getting the nutrition she needs, for her sake and yours!

We love you baby bug! I couldn't be happier to be a dad...you aren't born yet and you already make me proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment