Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hiccups and GIFTS!

Hi Vivi =)

There are so many things to catch up on! I'm going to try to remember everything from the last few weeks...let's see how well I do!

First things first: Yesterday you woke me up with your hiccups! Daddy and I laid in bed laughing at how sweet and small they were sweetheart. You are head down these days (although you can switch to a horizontal position if you feel like it (it's just not that comfy for mommy!) so that's good. And then, you got them again last night while we were in birthing class! That brings your hiccups to a total of 3 times! Super sweet little thing.

Mommy has been feeling little pangs in my nerves in my thighs recently. I asked the doctor about it yesterday. She said that you were just getting ready to be born and kind of getting yourself in position, so it may happen. I have to tell you- it's not very nice. It's the most uncomfy feeling!

You had a baby shower on July 16th that Aunt Esther and Aunt Jessica threw for you. Coco and Grandad of course helped, and it was so very beautiful. Page Daniels, Mommy's friend, took lots of pictures so I'll make sure to put a link up here for them once she posts them herself =) You got lots of sweet little clothes and fun gifts...Coco bought you a car seat and stroller (you can thank her when you're older, haha!) and Grandma Baer got you a super nice cloth diaper, passed down a sterling silver spoon to you that was mine, a cute little outfit that says "Grandma and Grandpa love me" and a diaper sprayer!

We are very blessed to have friends and loved ones that want to pour into your life. My favorite part of the shower was all of the prayers. Aunt Esther had everyone fill out cards for you of hopes and wishes and then we all sat around and prayed. I cried and cried of course! It's not fair! I'm pregnant! ;) But I truly was moved at everyone's heart cries to Jesus for you baby girl. All of the guests prayed for you in many different ways...that you would know the Lord, that you would walk in truth, that you would be found by the right man He has for you...and on and on. It was my favorite Vivi...and Aunt Sally and Grandmomma Baer are throwing you a shower this Saturday (With Lynda Poole) too! We are very blessed...

I want to tell you, the Lord has really been honoring His promises to take care of us. Your Daddy has been working hard and feeling encouraged by the Lord to continue with the training business. He has a real desire to help people take care of their temples in order to serve the Lord...it's a great fit for him and he's gone more these days (at the gym) to make it happen. In the meantime, the Lord has really been providing for us. Aunt Esther is loaning us their crib and changing table so that we don't have to get one (until they have more kiddos!), and lots of gifts have been given to us- clothes, etc.

The biggest blessing came yesterday! Aunt Sally has been nannying for a lady this summer that heard we were cloth diapering you...she happened to have wanted to do the same, but never followed through, so she donated all of her brand new NICE cloth diapers to our family. 12 AIO diapers Viv. That's hundreds of dollars that we saved. I was so excited!

Viv, one of the things I love so much about walking with the Lord is that when YOU GET OUT OF THE WAY and DON'T TRY TO FORCE GOD'S PLANS, He allllllllways brings things in a better way than you would have ever thought. He turned someone's stuff that was just lying around not being used into our diapering system that we would have had to have purchased. What if I would have bought it in my impatience? Less money for something else that God has it for. I have many examples over the last 5 years or so when God did things like this. Just out of His promise to be our provider...but I have to tell you...it's soooooooo much sweeter than doing for yourself. It feels like you get to walk hand in hand with Him, becoming more like Him and less like yourself. What a beautiful, exciting journey it is to know Jesus.

Your Dad and I have been praying for our family and for you. Last night as we were falling asleep, we just lifted you up again and the heritage you've inherited being a Baer/Elmer. We asked the Lord to allow you to be MORE, to know HIM MORE, to not be subject to generational sin in any way (we're praying in faith on that one), and to protect you. I read Psalm 139 yesterday (I'm picking bible verses for your room) and I was just so moved, not only at the way the Lord knows YOU right now, but how he knows ME. How He knows your Daddy...it is just too much to fathom. We echo David's awe for the Father in that chapter...I hope you come to love it as I have over time. This week it just seemed to be a fresh reminder...a new love and appreciation for who He is.

We have been very blessed this summer...your Daddy and I are overwhelmed with love for Jesus, for each other, and for you. We pray that we'll listen to the Lord as we endeavor to raise you (and boy will we try to do that first!), and as we grow our family more...

One last thing! We've been looking at changing our car situation...Seems like babies need a lot of room =) so we're checking into a bigger car and restructuring how we pay for transportation. We want to be the most responsible with what God is giving us right now. So, Mommy is praying for that too...I know we'll have a resolution in God's timing...


Love to you sweet Viven Kate...we'll be seeing you so soon!!!

XOXO
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment