Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence day!

Hi Viv,

Well today your daddy is at work...and I'm here with you. You've been pretty quiet all morning, even though I've had a bit of coffee. =) I just couldn't go back to sleep after your daddy left so I thought I might write you!

Yesterday a year ago your daddy asked me to marry him. What a wonderful year it has been. While we can't wait to meet you and cuddle you and kiss your sweet face, we are very thankful for each other and what the Lord gave us. Your Daddy is so awesome. He's smart and funny and handsome (all the things every woman wants), but most importantly: He loves Jesus with a passion. Your Daddy has certain ideas about living for the Lord for the short time that we're here. I like to listen to him expressing his passion for intimacy with the Lord for all people, and when we're alone, I get to hear your Daddy pray and talk to Jesus in a way that makes me love him even more than I thought I ever could. One day there will be a man that wants to marry you (I'm sure!), so you'll want to trust your Daddy to be able to help discern if he's the right one for you. Daddy's know other men and your Daddy will be able to tell =)

Your Mommy waited a long time for your Daddy, Vivi. I dated different men throughout my twenties, but it never was quite right. I loved certain things about each one (I'm the eternal optimist!!!) and I appreciate, as I now reflect, on how different relationships taught me different things...but no one compares to your Dad. He's the perfect man for me and even though at the time it seemed like waiting any longer for him would just KILL ME, I would wait longer for him if the Lord asked me to. And one day, I hope you can have that perspective too. Mommy loves to tell people "Most people fail rather than succeed because they give up what they want MOST for what they want in a MOMENT". The statement resonates so much for me because I had my share of failures along the way. But that's the beauty of our redeeming Lord. Maybe another day we'll talk about that ;)

In the meantime, you should know, there is a video that Aunt Rachel filmed (while hiding) of your Dad's proposal to me. The video only really encapsulates the actual moment though. Your Dad had started pursuing me before he actually asked me. You'll want to marry someone with such deliberate intentions too, I promise. =) Your Dad made it clear to me after we had only spent a few nights talking in person getting to know each other, that he wanted to date me and me only. Then he told me that he wouldn't be saying things such as "I love you" unless he planned on only saying it to me for the rest of my life. And then after the "I love you" came the story he started sending me bit by bit on my phone every morning leading up to the engagement night. And the flowers! I can't forget all the roses! He started giving me roses the week leading up to July 3rd. Roses with little tags on them with all sorts of little sayings about me, him, US...and then the night of our engagement, FLOWERS- 372 of them! All with little tags...and candles and music, and our family there to support us. It was so very sweet...your Dad even picked out my engagement ring, which I wanted. I think it means more to have your husband pick it out...it's HIS gift to you after all. And wouldn't you know baby girl, your Daddy picked out a better ring than I would have ever picked for myself!!!

Letting the man of your life actually BE the man of your life is the way that you can show others the church's need to submit to Christ. Your Daddy quoted Ephesians 5:1-2 to me when he proposed...and a year later sweetheart, I have a man that exemplifies those verses even more deeply than he did the day he uttered them. What a committed man your Daddy is...preferring me before himself in so many ways...it's so very humbling Viv. I truly already pray for your husband one day. I am counting on the Lord to preserve his life, to save his soul, to place in him a desire to wait for you and to love Jesus above all. What a life changing experience marriage is...and when you marry the one God has for you, it's life changing for the good.

You're going to be here very soon. Your Daddy and I are going to start some classes this week to prepare us for the experience of birth. I am not nervous. I'm more excited to rely on the Lord and to share this with your Daddy. Pregnancy has been a JOY so far. And as of late, you are getting so much bigger so you have sort of mellowed out in my tummy. I feel you flutter around, but no more hard kicks...now it's just little readjustments =) I kid your Daddy that you like to flop around like he does to get comfy at night, hah! So it's been nice to just sort of press on my tummy and feel your shoulder, or your foot...it's totally surreal...especially knowing soon that I get to kiss every one of those little toes! =)

This past Friday, some of your mommy's friends, Page and Nathalie, took pictures of me. They took some of your Daddy and me too ;) I haven't seen but just a few, however, I know I will treasure them for a long time to come! Like I said, I feel very VERY blessed at how the Lord is taking care of me in this pregnancy...it's been a dream.

I'm praying for you and can't wait to meet you soon sweetheart...

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment