Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Poem From Your Daddy...

Vivi, Daddy wrote this a few hours before you were born...it was the in between time when we were waiting for Mommy's body to be finally ready and we were finally getting some rest...

At two I watched the minutes pass.
Two oh five. Then two ten.
I'd look at her for a moment or two,
Then back at the clock again.

My arms were tired from holding her.
My back was sore from standing.
I pushed and pressed, did all I could,
but the curse was too demanding.

All I could do was watch, helpless.
at the anguish of my wife,
The toil of my body, a trifle
compared to the judgement upon my eyes.

With the curse of the fall before me,
And the judgement of sin upon us,
I received a new witness to mercy,
I received new hope in Jesus.

For the pain I caused my savior,
I now witness in my own wife,
And I'm drawn anew to salvation
and called to give up my life.

Now I too will be a father,
And soon, my own image will fall,
And on that day I'm sure I will see
What it means to love above all.

And if I could only but cast,
a dim light toward God above,
maybe someday too, my daughter,
will learn what it means to love.
We love you...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment